The Hidden History of Camp Skokie Valley
Glenview | Website
This event occurred in the past.
Map | Find Parking
Join Beverly Dawson, President of the Glenview History Center, for an engaging lecture on the history of Camp Skokie Valley. Located in Glenview’s Harms Woods, the camp housed about 2,000 young men working for the Conservation Civilian Corps, whose mission was the construction of the Skokie Lagoons. Since the CCC program was discontinued in 1942, the camp has transformed several times: from housing a Military Police Battalion, a German POW camp, and finally a Girl Scout camp. Please register online, call 847-729-7500 x7600, or visit Reader Services.