There has been a bar at 5240 N. Clark St. ever since 1933, the year Prohibition was repealed. Farragut's, which opened in February 1997, is the fourth in a line that started with the Andersonville Inn. Anna Benedetto, Farragut's owner, knows this because she grew up in the neighborhood, and remembers when Andersonville was THE neighborhood bar on this stretch of Clark Street. Now, Benedetto wants Farragut's to fill the same function. After taking over from the previous owners, who ran a Jamaican bar called Soul Jam, Benedetto put in big, welcoming windows which open out to the street on hot summer days. The vintage interior remains, and a good mix of local regulars keep this neighborhood bar full.